I’ve been thinking a lot about things on my to-do list lately. Not a bucket list per say because I am sure I have way cooler things on my bucket list. But just a list of little things that make this city, this country awesome. Also things which seem to be a cultural norm that I may have missed.
So here is my list of little things to accomplish, small and weird as it might be, it’s stuff like this that keeps me on my toes and excited about the little things.
You should always be excited about the little things:
- I’ve never carved a pumpkin.
- Or gone on a haunted hayride.
- I’ve never gone apple picking (although I do plan to rectify that.)
- I’ve never been to Busch Gardens or King’s Dominion’s October Frightfests.
- I’ve never played paintball.
- Or seen The Wizard of Oz. ( I know… I know don’t freak out!)
- Or The Notebook.
- Or Forest Gump all the way through.
- I’ve never gone surfing.
- Or learned how to ride a motorcycle.
- I have never played Blackjack.
- Or been to Vegas.
- Or seen Ground Zero.
- I have never been to a professional football or baseball game.
- I’ve never tried Absinthe.
- Or been to Hogwarts. (I know it’s not real… I mean the theme park.)
- I’ve never seen a Broadway show on Broadway.
In other news- I did audition today for productions by local phenomenon and theatre company- TheatreLab.
It’s the brainchild of one of the most talented actors/directors I have had the privilege of working with at Radford University- Deejay Gray.
It was amazing to see the kind of talent that is here in Richmond. Overwhelmingly so when you see who you are up against in roles that you love.
I can’t imagine how they will make their casting decisions.
I cannot wait to see what comes out of the experience.
Even if I don’t get cast I hope I get to be a part of the theatre community a little more intimately. Theatre is the one place that collects all the wayward children, the strays, the misfits and gives them a place to call home.
And that’s something worth supporting.